The M32170 and M32174 Group are 32-bit single chip RISC microcomputers designed for use in general industrial and household equipment.
These microcomputers contains a variety of peripheral functions ranging from16-channel A-D converters to 64channel multifunction timers, 10-channel DMAs, 6-channel serial I/Os, 1-channel real time debugger, 1-channel Full-CAN, and JTAG (boundary scan facility).
With lower power consumption and low noise characteristics also considered, these microcomputers are ideal for embedded equipment applications.
M32R RISC CPU core
• Uses the M32R family RISC CPU core (Instruction set common to all microcomputers in the M32R family)
• Five-stage pipelined processing
• Sixteen 32-bit general-purpose registers
• 16-bit/32-bit instructions implemented
• DSP function instructions (sum-of-products calculation using 56-bit accumulator)
• Built-in flash memory
• Built-in flash programming boot program
• Built-in RAM
• PLL clock generating circuit........... Built-in × 4 PLL circuit
• Maximum operating frequency of the CPU clock
40MHz(when operating at -40 to +85°C)
32MHz(when operating at -40 to +125°C)
Automobile equipment control (e.g., Engine, ABS, AT), industrial equipment system control, and high-function OA equipment (e.g., PPC)